Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Before the dawn

Well, here I am.
10:00 pm the night before I leave and I have managed to put one thing in my pack. My rain jacket...cause it rains a lot where I'm going.
I can not seem to get beyond that. I have spent the last few days intensely distracted in a way that will make this trip so much more magical. Though it has done nothing for the process of getting everything in that bag on my kitchen floor (well, perhaps there was a shoe consultation involved).
I still don't really believe that I an going (finally), but I feel like I have already left. I spent the last week at Firemaker, and it was a transformational and healing place for me. It always is, once I get there. This years gathering and the experiences I had there, are the perfect start to my journey. I am in a fabulous head space to do this trip. I have learned a lot of lessons from seeing the example of others this week. I feel blessed as I fall asleep in my bed for the last time in awhile....
Lets just hope I manage to put everything else into that pack before I leave!

2 comments:

Vivienne said...

howdy lovely you.
i'm mighty excited to read about this journey of yours as it manifests!
heart,
v

Chris said...

Your furchildren have graduated to mauling birds, all without actually escaping outside.

I came home to find blood and more feathers than a small bird can afford to lose and still get out alive. Amateur forensics suggests it squeezed in through the skylight in the bathroom and to perch (and crap) on the sill. This I deduce from the single feather floating in the toilet. It obviously didn't expect a cat (probably Solo) to be waiting for it. The plucking began in the bathroom, before escalating to bloodletting in the kitchen and your room. The trail of blood, birdshit and feathers peters out just short of your bed. I have not located a corpse yet, but as I said, I don't see how it could have gotten away. I'd honestly be ashamed of any cat that allowed that to happen. Time and summer heat will no doubt reveal its top-secret location someday soon.

Until then, the cats remain persons of interest in my investigation, but it's hard to lay charges without a body.

I will not be sharing my dinner tonight.