Friday, February 19, 2010

Is that a promise?


I have been getting Macleans magazine for over five years. They have spent the last three years sending me renewal letters. I ignore them, in hopes that this stupid right wing conservative douche bag of a magazine will stop arriving in my mailbox. However, every week there's another one!! I read it sometimes, so does Chris. Mostly is just makes me angry (especially the "good news/bad news" section). They pile up around the house because I can't bring myself to recylce something that is so close to a book-like-thing.
I haven't actual paid for this magazine. I don't know why they keep sending it to me.
Five years ago I got a Canadian magazine "deal" where I got a bunch of magazines for a year for $15 a month. I got to choose the others, but Macleans was part of the deal. All the other magazines stopped after a year, but Macleans kept coming. Chris thinks they send it to me for free so that I can add to the subscription numbers so they can keep up their add money. I think Chris is probably right.
So, although I got excited to see this "last issue" label on my magazine this week, I'm not holding my breath that they really mean it this time.

No comments: