Thursday, November 3, 2011

Noticing

Today's hunt for light was fleeting. The only time I managed to pull out my camera was in the 3 minutes between finishing my lunch and sitting down beneath a pile of small snuggly children to read about whales and the elephant alphabet.
I caught the beautiful clash of clouds, sun, and sky above the trees.



However, this was not the most amazing light find in my day.
For some reason (perhaps out latitude) the sun seems to set very fast this time of year. I was on my bike ride home and I turned onto a street to face west. The sun set was stunning, pinks and oranges, shooting through grey and white clouds. Fabulous.
My camera in my paniers, biking in heavy goin' home time traffic...no time for photos.

Ten minutes later when I got home it was all gone.

No comments: