Sunday, January 9, 2011

365: Best of Week One

Week one of Project 365 has passed with success; I took a self portrait every single day. Overall the photos I took required some creativity and thought. However, I often found myself taking out my camera long after the sun had gone to bed. This produced a lot of noisy photos and made me yearn for a SLR camera. However, I still like most of the ones I have taken so far. Case in point...

My pick for favorite from Week One



I took this picture late at night while waiting around in the pouring rain. Although there were street lights nearby it was still fairly dark where I was standing. I noticed that I could see my shadow quite well. I whipped out my camera and started shooting pictures. This one was shot with a 4 second shutter speed, yoozzers!! I knew I would have to process it to get anything out of it at all. Yet all I did to this photo was increase the contrast as far as it would go. I didn't even alter the exposure or colour. It turned out fabulously!! Someone on Flickr said it looked like Mary Poppins evil twin :) Perfect!!

No comments: