Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/365

I have decided to embark on a journey this year. I am commiting to take a self portrait every day for the next 365 days. I know to many people it may seem self indulgent and silly to take photos of one's self. However, I would argue that taking self portraits is not only very creative but it is also an amazing tool for self exploration and awarenss. It can be a fabulous way of documenting ones own journey through life and I am excited to be commiting myself to this goal.

The Rules:
  1. a portrait taken every single day
  2. i must be the one who manipulates the camera (settings and hitting the shutter button)
  3. part of me must be in the shot

I will be posting my favorites, at least once a week, here on this blog.
You can also check out and follow my Flickr 365 Set to see the self portraits for each day.

Without further ado...(I ended up with three for today)


1/365
Shovels



1/365
Start the year dancing...



1/365
Parrot Cat

2 comments:

Arwyn said...

Brie! I'm loving your photos, and the one with the Rumi quote is exactly what I needed to see/read right now. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I don't think it's self-indulgent at all. What a neat way to watch yourself transform (inside and out) over the year.