Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Asthma Cat Update

I am happy to report that Asthma Cat seems to no longer be Asthma Cat. I gave him one and a half steroid pills the day we visited the vet and he hasn't coughed since. Yippeee!!
He seemed a little strange on the steroids so I am glad he does not need them all the time. For a few days there he was very sleepy and hyper vigilant. I know, I know, this sounds oxymoronic, but it was true. He was either completely knocked out or he was jumping at every little thing...He would stumble around the house with eyes as big a bus tires to then finally collapse like the dead in my lap for hours. It was very strange.
He is completely back to normal now. In fact, I think the whole experience has actually brought us down to DEF CAT 4, as Saren and Solo are not initiating as many death matches. They are actually snuggling at night again and even *gasp* playing with each other sometimes.

No comments: