Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The WORD for 2011

The idea is this...you chose a single word to represent what you want to manifest or/and work through for the coming year.

I have never really chosen a word to manifest a year for myself. I came across the idea originally on Vivienne McMaster's blog, but I have seen it many places since, so I am not sure where it originally originates. This year, since I was doing so much thinking, reflecting, and manifesting with Reverb10, I thought I would get on the word band wagon.

I have thought a lot about my word.
At first I had a phrase that really resonated with me
"Showing up for my own adventure"

I plan to utilize this phrase for my self work this year, but it is not a single word. Neither is "showing up", which I really really really wanted to use as my word. But I must be stringent with myself. I must chose one word.

The next thing that came to mind was
"Adventure"
'cause it is in my phrase. However, my heart immediately said "nope, I'm not ready for adventure yet. you and me got some other shit to do first"
Ok.

So I went back to "showing up". What exactly does this mean.
Being present...

Present, like presence. Hmmm. Look it up. YES!! This is what showing up is about.
Here is what I wrote in my journal.

Presence~ the state or fact of existing, occurring, or being present

I sat with this word for awhile. It has some associations for me that I am not so comfortable with. Like excessive hours of mindfulness meditation (that sounds more like an adventure to me). But then one of those things happened. You know, the little screaming coincidence that whacks you across the head telling you "it's allll good baby, you are going the right way".
I have these angel cards (I am sure you have seen them) with single words on them. I often blindly pull one and place it in the arms of my Tara statue for awhile. The other day I went to pull a new word, because my heart had told me that adventure (the current word in arms) wasn't what I needed right now and I felt like I should pull a new one. I paused for a second and thought "wouldn't it be funny if I pulled the word presence?"
I am sure you can guess what I pulled.
Ok, that's my word then.

2011 will be all about PRESENCE...in all it's forms.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I got this song on an old tape but i don't know the title or artist so recently i googled a part of the lyrics "this is a such a lonely wave to ride on" which led me the to this old post on one of your blogs.
http://eleuthia.blogspot.com/2005/07/synchronous-happenings.html
Could you maybe help me out with the artist/title? Any help would be much appreciated! =)
/Matt

Brie said...

Hey Matt,
The song you are looking for is called "Focus" and is sung by my mom, Carolyn Macleod (aka Caroline Rine). The song is from the 1972 album by the band Moonstone (my mom with Randy Price & Michael Heath).
You can still get old copies of the vinyl album on-line, and apparently someone is re-pressing this album as well (though I doubt they have the rights to it) Ah well, I'm glad people get to listen to my mom sing, as she passed away in 2005.
Moonstone only made one album unfortunately. My mom did make another solo album in the early 80's and I know that Michael is still making music. I'm not sure what Randy is doing these days.

Anonymous said...

Wow, guess i couldn't find a better person to school me on this. Sorry about your loss. That old post where you quote your mom suddenly makes alot more sense now. It's a beautiful song, your mom had a great voice for sure. I've been able to track down the album and 'Focus' is definitely the standout track for me although i dig the whole album.
Thanks alot for your help!
/Matt

Anonymous said...

Whoa... trippy, Brie! I love this post. Presence is such a great word. I'm going to meditate on this and try to find my word!

Stephanie