Saturday, January 22, 2011

7 am and 11 hours a day baby...

December was nice.
I got to spend all this time with myself. I got to spend time with my camera. I got to read all the Harry Potter books (for like, the 10th time). I got to hang out with my computer ( I don't care if she is technology, Hippo is a good friend of mine).
Now it is January.
I think it speaks to what it means for it to be January that I am posting a notice that January has arrived on the 22nd of January.
It's been a busy month.
I get up almost every day at 7am (uuuuggggghhhh) and usually end up working 11 hour days (major uuugggghhhh). However, I actually like a lot of what fills up those 11 hours, so it is not that bad. I have scheduled myself to within an inch of my life, but this includes entire days of sacred "unscheduled" time. I think I am doing pretty well.
Chris always says I am happier when I am really busy and I am starting to think he might be on to something. Despite my protestations that deep down I am a very lazy person it seems I thrive on being really busy. I take better care of myself when I am busy, cause I know that if I don't eat breakfast I'm going to feel crappy later on. I want to do physical activity!!! Like go to the gym for an hour and a half (*shocked face*) or do jumping jacks when I have to stand around waiting for something (like a bus). Sometimes I am not sure who this person really is, but she sure gets stuff done!!
I have even managed to actually have some truly lazy days. Like today, where I spent most of the day in a coffee shop reading a book (Douglas Copland's Player One). Or last Sunday, where I spent most of the day in bed and managed to actually read all 600 pages of Harry Potter and the Half Blooded Prince (yeah, I know, again...it's a theme right now, OK!!).
So, it seems as though I am surviving. Perhaps I might even be showing up...

No comments: