Friday, December 31, 2010

Reverb10: Day 31


Day 31: Core Story. What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Author: Molly O’Neill)

I would say that my core story is "experience". I sometimes feel like the reason I came to planet earth was to be a physically manifested being and to experience all the comes with this. This includes both the good and bad. I love physical sensations of all kinds (taste, smell, touch, sounds, etc). I feel I even have a unique relationship with pain and illness. I am a very emotional person, I feel things in big ways (both joy and sadness). I am not a sensation seeker. I don't go to extreme physical places for my experience. I feel like I am more interested in the experience of the every day.
I explore the experiences of my life in several ways. Self awareness is a big part of this. I see myself as a mystery sometimes and I can't turn down a mystery. I love watching my own behaviour and marveling at where it might of come from. Emotions are another big part of this. I see emotions as a guide map to things I can see right away. They let me know that things are good but they also let me know when things are no so good (our logical minds often have a hard time figuring this out). Most aspects of my life are filtered through self awareness and emotion, and ultimately through that idea of experiencing life.
The shadow side of this story is that I can over analyze all my experiences in order to understand them. Sometimes I just need to let go and just experience and let it settle deep down. I can also let my emotions get away with me just for the experience. I get swept away in the experience of the emotions. I can be super hyper because I am so full of joy and I can wallow in sadness. This sometimes gets in my way and can make other people concerned, confused, or annoyed.
I have chosen two themes for the year to come; showing up and adventure. I first need to show up in my own life and once I am there I need to experience it as an adventure. Both these themes fit well into my core story. I need to take my self awareness and passionate nature and use it to show up and experience everything as an adventure. I can use my two themes to avoid being over analytical and to remind myself to always moving and not get stuck in the moment (to avoid holding on to a moment long after the moment is over).

Showing up for my own adventure!!
Next year is going to fabulous!!

No comments: