Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reveb10; Day 27


Day 27 – Ordinary Joy. Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? (Author: Brené Brown)

While I get a lot out of spending time with friends and community I also deeply enjoy spending time alone. I think the times that I have spent with myself have been some of my most joyful this year. There are certain iconic moments that happen every year at some point that fill me with an overwhelming sense of contentment and joy at being alive.
  • Sitting snuggled up somewhere with the cats, a warm blanket, a hot cup of tea, and a book while listening to heavy rain outside (knowing I am warm and dry).
  • Putting on classical piano music and having tea and fresh baked goodies with the sun streaming through all the windows.
  • Digging my hands deep into earth and then having all those little moments of tending to the garden as the plants grow bigger and bigger.

No comments: