Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reverb10: Day 9


Day #9: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)

This one is a tie.

Jenna & Jamies Wedding OR Firemaker.

I've talked about both of these events in previous posts (obviously they were both awesome). Firemaker is a primitive skills retreat that I attend and help organize every summer. It is one of the best weeks of my year, every year. An amazing community forms in the week we are in the woods together and I come away being rejuvenated and deeply inspired to live my life in a better way (granola was the lasting result from this year's gathering). I also get to spend a week living with my most favorite small people in the world (my 2 nieces, 2 nephews, and my pseudo little brother). This year was particularly fantastic. The group of people who gathered this year just jelled really well. There was lots of spontaneity this year, which always makes a community thrive. The food was outstanding (yay Anne, best cook ever), and most everything went off without a hitch (a feat for organizing a week long gathering for a group of 100 people).
Jenna & Jamie's wedding involved 36 people hiking up a crazy trail to an alpine lake above the clouds. It was beautiful, stunning, and everything the joining of two people should be. There was so much love and friendship bouncing around that weekend. It rained like hell after we hiked up, but it kept us all cuddled together. Amazing and unforgettable.


No comments: