Monday, December 13, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 4


Day #4: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)

Creativity.
While I think that I was creative less often this year than in previous years, I feel like the times I did pull out my creativity that it was bigger, bolder, and longer lasting. All this creativity is how I feel the wonder in the world. When I am creative I feel like it opens my eyes to the possibilities and magic in the world. Or in other words, the wonder. My definition of creativity is pretty broad. Anything that makes me smile out loud while I am doing/making it or when I am done. Usually this involves making something physical and tangible (like, you know, "arts and crafts"), but it can also involve music, dance, or joy.

A brief list of bold acts of creativity I jumped into this year...
  • I started writing songs this year. Even gained some fans. This is the one that feels the deepest. It connects me to my mom and there really is nothing like the feeling I get when dancing with my guitar.
  • I threw myself some fabulous parties; a full-on Mad Hatter birthday tea party and my annual 1581 post-Halloween party (these parties involve lots creative acts to put on)
  • I took part in Vivienne McMaster's fabulous You Are Your Own Muse photography e-course and took a ton of self portraits and learned a lot; about myself and photography.
  • I started sewing again. Right now it is little plush felt gimpy animals.
  • I started dancing wildly in public this year. I highly recommend this. I can guarantee that it will make you and at least one other person smile :)
  • I knit (and finished) my very first whole honest-to-god sweater.
  • I have recently taken to secreting little notes into strangers bags/coats/etc~my favorite and most used is "you are beautiful"

No comments: